Sunday, September 28, 2008

Miss my Sis

I think this is the first time since we moved away that I have REALLY missed home. All of a sudden my life went from easy breezy to a lot of different little trials happening...and I wish I could pop over to my sister's and lay on her couch and tell her all about life's little dramas, or how my heart is breaking for so many of my friends over huge things people should not have to deal with at all. :(
So, our annual 'girl's weekend' could not be coming at a better time. I am so excited to be going away with my sister, my sister in law, and her sister. We have a blast every time we go, and I know this year will not disappoint!!!
I hate that I can't see them whenever I want, but I know that I am one of many who lives away from family, and those other people seem to be surviving, so I guess I can, too, hahaha.

Another thing that came at JUST the right moment was the General Relief Socitey broadcast. Oh, my. The words that were spoken were so uplifting and inspiring and edifying. I look up to our General Relief Society presidency so much, and admire those women and their testimonies. I also loved Elder Ukdorf's talk, he is such a darling man! And I felt like he was speaking right at me, it was great.
Immediately after it was over, the lonelyness for my sisters was eased, as I looked around and saw all of my other 'sisters' sitting around me, recieving the same message I was. It was good to feel that even though I am so far from home, that I will always have my ward family, and that is very comforting!!

7 comments:

Matt and Joanna said...

I totally know how you feel. I'm sorry about your friends. I'm glad that you get to have your girls weekend in St. George! Have fun!

CandraWynne said...

I'm sorry that you are having a hard time but please know that you have a ton of friends if you need anything :) have so much fun in Utah with your family!!

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

I hope you have a great retreat! What fun. I feel your pain, I miss being close to my mom and sister!

Schmid Family said...

I totally know how you feel. There are days I really miss having my family close. Whenever you feel that way and need to get away or talk call me. Love ya.

Karla Rauch said...

Joy, I have those moments too. Two of my sisters live out of town and I miss them so much. I am bummed I missed the broadcast. I'll just have to read it.

Wright said...

We will see eachother soon, and you won't have to worry about me cleaning up after you every two seconds...ha ha!
Miss you too................

{Le Petit Poulet} said...

Have fun!
I wish I had a sister to do weekends with :)