Wednesday, September 24, 2008

gNOcchi good.

Tonight I wanted to branch out and make a delicious, gourmet meal for our family. We recently had some delicious gnocchi with cheese sauce at a nice restaurant, so I tried to recreate it for dinner tonight. The picture above is exactly what I made. It was a mixture of butter, heavy cream, shallots, fontina and parmesan cheeses, and basil. And it was....well...

It was not good. At all.

Mike and I tried to gag down each little gnocchi dumpling with a smile on our faces, but by the end I had had enough. I was so disappointed!!!!


Does anyone have a delicious cheese sauce recipe? I would really like to try this again.

4 comments:

Shannon & Eli said...

yes actually i do...i will have to dig it out for you. it uses cheese soup and flour and oh i don;t remember i will find it and send it to you! it's always a bummer when something takes so long to make and tastes nasty...but hey, it looks good!

The Fab Four said...

oh dear lol I HATE gnocci! to me it always tastes like playdough lol

jordanandemily said...

First of all, freezer or refrigerator isle gnocchi is nasty. If you used that that may be part of the problem. If not, forgive my insolence. Cheese sauces are hard because they generally get grainy. I would consider using a mix of butter, flour, sour cream, velvetta and just a little parmesan. That will be smooth and delicious.

Lizzie and James said...

I have a fabulous cheese recipe and a great gnocchi recipe. For cheese sauces a pinch of cream of tartar goes a long way and will cut down the amount of flour you need to use (which can be a tempermental ingredient) The recipe for gnocchi is great. It uses riccotta chees instead of potatoes, so they are a lot lighter. I will email it to you soon. :)