My sister told me I had better put my list up (hers is hilarious) so here it is: Things I can admit about myself are...
1. I cry over everything- every movie, commercial, tv show, letter, phone call, story, book...anything that has any kind of emotional undertone has me bawling. On the floor, scrape-me-off-with-a-putty-knife kind of bawling. Has anyone seen 7 pounds? This is NOT a spoiler, but there is a part where a blind man is trying to flirt with a waitress and she is kind of politely blowing him off. Will Smith asks the blind man if he is going to ask the waitress out, and the blind man very kindly says, "Oh, no...you see, I don't think SHE sees ME." Um, I nearly had to be carried out of the theater, I was crying so hard. And believe me, that was a very minor moment in the movie!!! And don't even TELL me a story about a mother dying and leaving her girls behind. I will never recover. My sister pretty much knows that any story she tells me will have me sobbing in seconds. But I can't control it!
2. I HATE contention. Oh my gosh, if there is a confrontation I am immediately searching for a place to hide. I do NOT like tension, whether I am involved or not. Which means I am usually the peacemaker, which means I usually get walked on.
3. On the flip-side, I cannot stand it when someone causes contention, stirs the pot, or produces drama. Try as I may, I do not understand it. I think whether you agree with someone or not, and there is always a kind way to handle things.
4. I love chocolate milk, but only if I make it at home with a mix. I don't like the pre-made kind.
5. I love Matlock. I could watch Matlock reruns all day long. I think because there is a mystery (which I love) but it's not scary or too disturbing. (which I hate)
6. I am deathly afraid of horror movies, scary stories, and anything remotely disturbing. I get scared just remembering stories I have heard throughout my childhood.
7. Since my computer is in my living room I can immediately see if someone emails me or IM's me...but I feel stupid responding right away because I think people will think that I do nothing but sit in front of the computer all day long.
8. I miss my family and friends in Utah, but even more than that I miss Rachel's cousins and the relationship I know she could have with them if we lived there.
9. One of the best lessons I have ever been taught was by my sister in law, Katie, who showed me how important it is to always make an effort to see where people are coming from. Growing up, I was always so quick to judge and jump to conclusions about people (I don't know why- it probably stemmed from my own insecurities) and I never gave anyone the benefit of the doubt. Now, trying to understand why people act the way they do, and, as I said before, trying to see where they are coming from has helped me have such richer relationships. I am not saying that I never judge or never think ill of anyone (I am FAR from perfect), but I do really try to do this and it helps so much. Selfishly, it also makes me a happier person.
10. I hate cheesecake. Unless it is really doctored up to taste like something OTHER than cheesecake- then it's tolerable.
11. I cannot just sit and watch TV or a movie (unless I am trapped in a movie theater). I am always up doing something else at the same time. And then I seem to find myself saying, "What did she say?" "What just happened" "Where did that guy come from?" a lot. Poor Mike.
12. I adore my kids and think they are the coolest kids ever (sorry, people. They are.) And I feel the same way about Mike, like I REALLY lucked out marrying him. This is not a mushy, 'I heart my husband' thing, I just feel really, really lucky that we are married to eachother and have so much happiness and love in our lives, because I know not everyone has that.
13. I am so sick of my furniture. Some if it I have even had since I was 18, and I am SO excited to be getting new stuff, soon I hope!
14. I worry a lot. I got ulcers when my sister went away to college because I was so worried. I was on ulcer meds at 10 years old. True story.
15. I hate spicy foods but I LOVE buffalo wings. Wierd.
Okay so there are some things about me. A real share. I don't normally do this, so please share with me, too. I love getting to know people more (but I hate writing such things about myself.) So, if I can do it, you can do it. Don't make me call you out.