Saturday, October 25, 2008

My B-Day

Thanks for all the bday wishes! I had an awesome day. I did some shopping with my girls, and then we got a sitter in the evening and went out. Mike took me to do some shopping and then we went to the White Chocolate Grill.


This was our actual table! (I was excited when I saw it on the website)
Doesn't this look to DIE for? Unfortunately, we didn't get dessert...because we were both stuffed to the point of being sick. I had a unbelievably mouthwatering Prime Rib French Dip, and Mike had an equally sinful Split Turkey French Dip. They were both amazing, along with the side of Mashed Potatoes that were unlike anything I have ever put in my mouth. YUM.
So thanks for all the fun messages and emails and phone calls! (My phone rang constantly the whole day, it was so fun!) Here is a pic of our fam on my bday, our babysitter so graciously took of us. Fun times!

Oh! I forgot to mention presents. :) I got a lot of fun gifts (including my favorite gift, cash!) but I thought I would share these two because I love them so much!

My sis gave me this shampoo and conditioner, and I am in love with it. Your hair smells so good that you don't need perfume or anything. It's so good!
Now this next gift is just plain genius. GENIUS. My bff Anne Marie sent me this one, and I have to tell you....everyone must have this. For too many years now, I have struggled with hanging onto my keys while unloading my kid/s from the car. Usually I would have to drop them in my purse, Get the kids out of their carseats, and then juggle holding the baby, coralling Rachel from running into the street, and searching my purse to find my keys again so I could lock the door. NO MORE!!! This little wristlet keychain is just perfect for moms. I throw them around my wrist until I am done unloading and then lock the door. Sometimes I leave them on my wrist. It is that cute!!! Go to http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=14169697 if you want one!



6 comments:

Brett and Meredith said...

So I feel like a bad friend... I didn't even know it was your birthday, but to try and make up for it, I will be the first to comment here to shout out a very Happy Birthday to you!! Looks like you had a wonderful time...and you look darling in that picture of your family, by the way! Oh, and Rachel's saluting in the following post is hilarious.

gordon, cindy and carter said...

Happy Birthday Joy!! We had so many different Halloween/Birthday parties going on that I didn't get a chance to wish you a Happy Birthday. Sounds like you had a blast and I totally want one of those wrist key chains! I usually put my keys on the seat while strapping Carter in and I'm so nervous that someone will reach in and grab them. Great gift Anne Marie :)

AnneMarie said...

YAY!! I'm sooo glad you like it! Thanks for the shout out. :)

I love you! I'm so glad you had a great bday!

CandraWynne said...

That is adorable I'm going to have to get me one of those. Hope you had a Happy Birthday!!

Lindsey said...

i got one of those wristlets a couple of weeks ago. i love it!

Sarah & Trent said...

Happy Birthday Joy!! And your Halloween costumes are awesome. I wish Trent was a good sport like Mike. :)